About Me, Angela the rabbit :)

My photo
Hey, guys, I'm Angela Chien. It's also fine to call me Rabbit. I major in Accounting at NCCU. I like listening to pop music, singing, reading romance novels, and making friends. So glad to meet you guys. :) Actually, I'm not sure about what I'm going to write down here in my blog, but I'll share my opinions on things I saw, I read, and heard of her and hope we can discuss those issues together. After reading my blog, you may write down what you thought about my opinion if you have come up with something in your mind. :")

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To lie, or not to lie?


Imagine this, one day, unfortunately, you found out that you only have one year or even less to live, what would you do to your beloved boyfriend or girlfriend? Would you tell the truth, or lie to him or her?
People who chose to lie might think that, in this way, their lover could start their new life happily, instead of being stuck with them. They think that it would be the best decision to both of the couples, though it might be hurtful and heartbreaking. But, every time I read this kind of romance novels, I always hate people who lie to their lover. When you invent a story like you have fallen in love with somebody else and you cannot put up with him or her any longer in order to make them leave, you not only hurt the people you love, but also destroy their self-confidence, and it may ruin their belief in love.
In my opinion, you cannot deprive your lover’s right of knowing the truth of your health condition if you really love each other. You should discuss the issue together, and find the solution together. Maybe you would die, but it would be worse to make two of you lonely and empty and one of you even think the reason you broke up is all his or her fault. To me, I would like to accompany my beloved until the end of his life. 
  Of course, I hope this kind of thing will never occur to anyone around us. : )

3 comments:

  1. I discussed with my friends that if they want to be formed once they get cancer. My friends as well as me wanted to be informed because we wanted to make good use the rest of time. Facts are usually cruel, but we have to face them,it's just a matter of time.
    I am curious about why you talk about such a serious issue. Have you already encountered this situation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that “You cannot deprive your lover’s right of knowing the truth of your health condition if you really love each other.” I don’t have boyfriend now. But if I found out that I am going to die in one year. I think I would choose not to lie. If he is my true lover, he has right to know everything about me. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Leony,
    "Making good use the rest of time" is a very important point of view, I think.
    Fortunately, I haven't encountered the situation. I wrote that is just because I've read novels and watched drama which have that kind of circumstances many times.
    However, since you mentioned cancer...my granny is an example. She asked us to tell her about her body condition honestly. We do that, and we think it would be better to do that.

    ReplyDelete